Matthew Clem has a lifelong dream of becoming a veterinarian. He is currently pursuing that dream by majoring in animal and dairy sciences. "This major offered so many hands-on opportunities from the start. That's what intrigued me the most," Matthew said. He also likes that classes are small enough that the teachers get to know the students personally. His defining moment at MSU was his first animal science class, primarily conducted at the H.H. Leveck Animal Research Center. "It was this class that made me realize I had chosen the correct university and program of study for my college career," Matthew said. He also has a word for potential students. “This major isn’t just for future vet students. Graduates can pursue many other career paths. Also, the professors truly care about students and want them to succeed," he said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!