Gracie Jackson is working this summer at AmericasMart in Atlanta, GA. The Fashion Design and Merchandising major has always been interested in fashion. It has been a source of inspiration and self-expression. She prefers the business side of the industry. That's why she is also majoring in business administration. She has enjoyed seeing how the different departments go into planning markets. "The final outcome seems so complex but the responsibilities are broken down to make it all possible," Gracie said. She credits teamwork and meeting deadlines as the skills learned at Mississippi State. She said these skills have been the most valuable in her internship. She has learned to be true to herself and her opinions during this time. Gracie has enjoyed interning for AmericasMart. "This is my first time moving to a big city on my own and experiencing a 9 am-5 pm job in a corporate workplace. It is fantastic," she said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!