Chrysta Beck is an ambassador in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. She is a poultry science major. "I hope to impact the world by carrying out research that will improve the poultry industry in some way. I want to help feed the world and make food less expensive and more accessible to everyone." she said. Upon graduation, she hopes to attend veterinary or graduate school. "I'm excited about the knowledge I will gain, the new experiences I will have, and the new friends I will make along the way," Chrysta said. Her favorite part of the poultry department is the size. "It feels like a family when you walk into the building, and the class sizes are small enough to ensure a hands-on experience with birds. Also, internships are easily attainable which allows for you to gain experience in the industry before beginning your career," she said. Chrysta chose to attend MSU when she was a senior in high school. "After visiting campus, talking with students, and visiting the poultry department, I knew this is where I wanted to be," she said. She tells potential students that even though MSU is a large university, it doesn't always feel that way. "Students, staff, and faculty here are friendly and welcoming. Since I'm from Ohio, it feels good to call MSU a second home. It is a university full of great people and plenty of opportunities for every student's future," she said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!