Melanie Brumfield is a biochemistry student from Murfreesboro , Tennessee. She anticipates graduating in May 2019. We asked her what her favorite thing about home was and she said "I love Tennessee! I was born in Memphis but went to school in Murfreesboro. It is the place I call home." Mississippi State has become a second home for her. She says the people connect her to the college. "The people are the reason I love the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences." In her free time, you can find her, involved in all sorts of clubs from Alumni Delegates to Maroon VIP to the Student Association. After graduation, she hopes to attend medical school. A fun fact about Melanie is she is a member of Dr. Kevin Armstrong's research lab within MSU's psychology department. She is also the president of the Bio Chem Club and would love for you to check it out.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!