Cameron Crawford is an animal and dairy sciences major from Tylertown, Mississippi. He plans to graduate in May 2018. His favorite part of home is its slow-paced, small town feel, which makes Cameron feel right at home here in Starkville. Ever since he stepped on campus as a middle schooler he fell in love with MSU due to the environment and all the people who made it truly feel like a home. Cameron's interest in cattle extends beyond the classroom. He raises and shows cattle. "It's just an amazing process to watch a calf being born and go through the stages of life with a person's help along the way. Showing cattle has also helped me better develop my skills in areas such as managing responsibilities and communication," he says. When he isn't busy with school or focused on animal sciences, he likes sports. "I have loved watching sports since I was a little kid. I am an extremely passionate fan of my teams and watch them whenever I can," he says. After graduation, he plans to go to graduate school and get a master's degree in agricultural communications and possibly get a job with a cattle breed association or agricultural publication. A fun fact about Cameron is he has an artistic side in music and drawing.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!