Celia Andreo chose to major in food science with a concentration in nutrition because she has a passion for healthy living. She plans on having a career that allows her to interact with and help others. For these reasons, nutrition is a perfect fit. "Hunger is too prevalent in our community and all over the world. I hope to work with the low-resource community in combatting poverty and food insecurity. I would love to see a day when food pantries are no longer necessary," Celia said. Upon graduation, Celia hopes to complete a dietetic internship, work towards a master's degree, and earn her Registered Dietician license. A defining moment for Celia was when she decided to major in nutrition. "We had a guest speaker from Gatorade who worked as a sports nutritionist. After 45 minutes, I was so captivated by his lecture that I changed my major to nutrition within the next week," Celia said. She also has a word of advice for potential students. "The major asks a lot of you, but the more you give, the better off you'll be. Get involved and get to know your teachers," she said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!